Monday, July 28, 2014

Persuaded by Misty Dawn Pulsipher

PersuadedPersuaded by Misty Dawn Pulsipher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Persuasion is one of my very favorite stories and I enjoy these modern adaptations. I've been looking forward to reading this one for a long time now and was excited when I saw it was finally out. I thought Ms. Pulsipher did a good job of sticking to the original storyline, while making enough changes to make it her own and keep me on my toes.

Hanna is a likable character, I especially liked the moments when she would show a little backbone. She is a bit of a people-pleaser and lets herself get walked on a bit. She has a good heart though and is always kind to those around her, she sees the good in people. Which is always a great quality to have. I have mixed feelings about Derick, to be honest I'm not sure if he ever really swept me off my feet. I think I had a hard time forgiving him. Without overanalyzing things, I did enjoy their story quite a bit. Again, the story somewhat follows the original, but about halfway through or so it does its own thing, which I liked.

I thought the romance was sweet, I'm a sucker for these second-chance stories, especially the moment when they are reunited again for the first time. Hannah and Derick have good chemistry and it was fun to watch them figure things out.

Overall, I thought this was one of the better retellings of Persuasion and one I would recommend to any contemporary fan.

Content
Romance: Clean

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!