Thursday, July 4, 2013

For What It's Worth by Karey White

Twenty-four year-old, Abby Benson has dreams of owning her own wedding cake shop. An inheritance from her aunt gives her the ability to make those dreams come true. She hires Dane, a handsome contractor, to help her get the bakery up and running and soon they’re moving toward their own happy ending.

Unsure what to charge for her cakes, Abby has a crazy idea to let the customers decide what they think their cake is worth. This plan has its ups and downs, but the novelty of the idea makes her a local celebrity. When she is interviewed on television about the unusual idea, business booms and Abby has cake adventures she never dreamed possible. But as her fame grows, Abby is swept up in a whirlwind that threatens everything she values. With the challenges that face her, will she be able to determine what is worth the most?
I wish this book had pictures! I would have loved to see pictures of these amazing cakes that Abby was making. They sounded so pretty. I thought this was a cute book. I liked the overall plot of Abby starting her own wedding cake bakery. The bakery sounded cute and I would have loved to get my wedding cake done there. I thought it was fun hearing about the different customers and some of her experiences. Abby’s business gets successful a lot quicker than she had planned and it was interesting to see how she handled that and how she learns to balance her priorities. The romance was okay, I didn’t really feel much between them. I guess their conversations and stuff just didn’t do much for me. It was a nice side story, but by the end it didn’t sweep me off my feet. While I normally love the romance in books, I actually enjoyed the other aspects of this story better. Overall, it was a cute story and I will definitely check out more from Ms. White. Content: Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!